Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Putt-Putt

Yesterday, the children's ministry invited me to a putt-putt and ice-cream outing. It was really fun even though I learned that my miniature golf skills are not up to par...pun intended.

Our entire family was able to go. It was a great way to get out and get to know the children and a few soon-to-be middle schoolers. The ice-cream wasn't too bad either.

All joking aside, it reminded me that events like this are vital to the life of a church for they build community. We ate together, and we played together. My prayer is that we continue to do fun events like this, not just for children but for everyone...Just give me some time to practice my putting.

Thanks, everyone for setting that up, driving, and chaperoning a great event. It was a blast!

No comments: