What an exciting thing! Both churches are in need of a youth pastor, and both churches are in need of a shot in the arm regarding youth ministry as a whole. Sitting down we realized that the Holy Spirit was guiding this and leading it. All of us were on the same page sharing the same desires and concerns. I personally left the meeting stoked: I think God is going to do something special, and below are reasons why I firmly believe this:
- Everyone is sensing that God is at work in the endeavor.
- Our thoughts, wants, and concerns are very similar. We are already on the same page.
- We know that God desires that the Church work together. This is an opportunity to bring not only two churches but a community of churches together in a common ministry.
- Our youth are craving for spiritual moments, spiritual development, and spiritual fellowship. There is a real need for a positive, ecumenical Christian environment.
- VBS and Youth Mission trips have already been jointly shared with great success.
Our job is to remain diligent, be responsive to the Spirit, and remember that the relationship is a give and take. Most of all, we must remain in prayer that God would make this happen.
I'm excited. I believe that we are doing something very cool. My past experiences with NiteLife in Whitley County lead me to believe that kids are craving a night to hang out, have fun, and develop their spiritual lives. This is, as Steve Taylor spoke of, a Kingdom Sign.