Monday, September 21, 2009

Music for the Soul

The U2 concert was just absolutely fabulous. Stephanie and I enjoyed time away...from work...from kids...from the "every day." See this video for a taste!

Today, I sat working in my office listening to several different U2 songs, and I've had more worshipful afternoon than I've had in a long time. As I posted on FB, it was a God moment.

Poetry and music do so much more than mere words. Hearing someone sing encouragement to their daughter (Original of the Species), praise to God (Magnificent), or apology to their wife (Sweetest Thing), is somehow more real than a lot of the daily life we surround ourselves with...We put so much mundane around us to keep life predictable, safe, and comfortable.

Listening today, I felt alive and emotive...more so than I've felt in a while.

It's led me to other thoughts that I'll share later, but today I listened and heard life...and I praised God...Magnificent.

No comments: