- Here is a really cool photograph of cubes. This guy takes great pictures at 'The Daily Dose of Imagery.'
- How do you get to be a successful venue attracting millions of people every year? Go away! According to Scott McClellan, the NFL brings us football, gives us a show, and goes away for a few months. The football void brings us back for more! I wonder how this could apply to other businesses or organizations?
- Seth Godin reflects on what it means that we have memories from events and from people we have never personally experienced.
- Also from Scott McClellan, here are some thoughts from the "Restoration Fiasco." My two favorite: Good intentions don't justify themselves and It's easy to offer a distorted picture of Jesus.
- Relevant Magazine has a great piece to remember 9/11. My favorite is the story of the woman saying she felt sorry for the young man because "Your generation will have to deal with this." It was an amazingly astute comment in terms of governance. Economy, military, politics, laws, freedoms, and health issues will be DIRECTLY affected by that one day for the next 50-100 years.
- Happiness vs. Holiness? This writer makes a case that we have made Happiness an idol.
- Satirical Christian writer Jon Acuff, wrote a funny piece about interruping Facebook prayer.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
For those new to my blog, I like to do what I used to call 'Speedlinks.' These are just some interesting reads around the web.