Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Week Off

It was great to have a week off doing a whole lot of nothing, but as I'm settling back into the office, I am finding a large stack of messages from people asking for financial assistance.

Wouldn't it be nice if bills and payments took a week off? Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had a job that paid the bills! Wouldn't it be nice if everyone felt a strong need to work for a paycheck?

Times are hard. Speaking with another local pastor, our discussion quickly went to how many people are coming to us for assistance. I don't think many have a clue. The numbers are truly overwhelming. My heart goes out to those needing help...and those who have become dependent upon handouts (even as they admittedly frustrate me).

God I pray for a week off from financial debts and burdens for those in need. Be their provider. Be our God. Thank you for work. Thank you for the generosity of those who give that others might have food on their table, running water, and electricity. Thank you for your love. Amen.

No comments: